About White Hat Gaming
Founded in 2012, White Hat Gaming (WHG) is an online casino technology and services company with offices in Malta, London, Gibraltar, Chicago, and Cape Town. With a global team of over 450 specialists, we provide market-leading content, including Kambi Sportsbook and over 100 leading games providers.
We promote and foster a highly collaborative environment, offering complete flexibility and autonomy to our staff. As we grow rapidly, we continue to maintain a start-up atmosphere where we help each other and take a holistic approach to our day-to-day responsibilities.
We are looking for Platform Developers with a server-side focus to help us improve our core platform services. If you are able to help us build a next-generation system, we're interested in talking to you.
The WHG platform is written almost entirely in Scala. Although we do not require developers who are joining us to have commercial Scala experience, we hope you will be excited to cross-train to Scala and learn about hybrid OO/FP technologies.
- Working remotely
- Adding new features to the existing platform
- Adding new integrations to the existing platform
- Working with the rest of the team to migrate the platform to a new architecture and technology stack based around Scala + Akka.
- Developing services to support websites and administration UI, working with front end developers as necessary
- Diagnosing and fixing production issues
- Taking part in code reviews
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- Finding better ways that we can get things done
What you already have:
- At least 3 years with Java
- Using functional aspects of Java (lambdas, streams etc)
- Relational databases beyond just simple CRUD
- Comfortable writing a variety of different types of automated tests
- Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
Nice to have
- Kafka or similar message streaming technology
- Other JVM languages such as Scala, Kotlin or Groovy
- Writing distributed systems in microservices (using, for example, Spring Boot, Vert.x or Micronaut)
How we approach things:
- Medium-sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on the process or management hierarchy.
- Working remotely but communicating regularly.
- Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
- An inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
- A mostly remote and flexible working schedule.
- Generous time off varied based on the country of residence.
- Training on the job.
- Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
- Hardware & Software allowance or work equipment is provided to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.
Everything about WHG won't fit into a job ad, want to find out more about working with us? Apply to get the conversation started.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.