About White Hat Gaming
Founded in 2012, White Hat Gaming (WHG) is an online casino technology and services company with offices in Malta, London, Gibraltar, Chicago, and Cape Town. With a global team of over 550 specialists, we provide market-leading content, including Kambi Sportsbook and over 100 leading games providers.
We promote and foster a highly collaborative environment, offering complete flexibility and autonomy to our staff. As we grow rapidly, we continue to maintain a start-up atmosphere where we help each other and take a holistic approach to our day-to-day responsibilities.
We need a Front End Developer to help us maintain our casino sites across a range of devices. If you are skilled in problem solving and enjoy turning flat designs into reality, we're interested in talking to you.
- Working remotely
- Maintaining existing gaming websites, both for desktop and mobile
- Creating whole new gaming brands from scratch
- Working with the technical team to deliver end to end solutions
- Working with business, marketing, and creative staff to deliver great looking, well targeted content
- Involved in content editing
What you already have:
- Advanced knowledge of Angular 2+ (4+ years commercial experience)
- Expertise in HTML5 with semantics and reusable markup in mind (4+ years commercial experience)
- The ability to use CSS3 and style processors like SASS/LESS to produce clean, maintainable, and reusable styles (4+ years commercial experience)
- Expertise with AJAX and RxJs, understanding the complexities of asynchronous and reactive programming
- Familiarity with jQuery
- Great debugging skills
- An understanding of and use semantic naming
- A familiarity with some form of content management system
- War stories about providing content for a variety of devices
- A good eye for layout with attention to detail
- Some exposure to server-side programming, ideally PHP
- Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
- An understanding of why producing clean code really matters
Nice to have:
- Experience of building user interfaces using Angular 2+
- Exposure to writing tests
- Familiarity with managing several websites using a combination of shared code but with lots of customization
- PHP programming experience.
- Enough SQL experience to look at data in a database and make simple changes, MySQL is a bonus
- Comfortable making changes to graphics
How we approach things:
- Daily stand-ups
- Tracking progress through project management tools
- Comfortable with moving scopes
- Sharing expertise and learning from others to keep improving as a team
- Medium-sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on the process or management hierarchy.
- Working remotely but communicating regularly.
- Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
- An inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
- A fully remote and flexible working schedule. *Cape Town residents will be office-based.
- Generous time off varied based on the country of residence.
- Training on the job.
- Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
- Hardware & Software allowance or work equipment is provided to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.
Everything about WHG won't fit into a job ad, want to find out more about working with us? Apply to get the conversation started.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.