About White Hat Gaming
Founded in 2012, White Hat Gaming (WHG) is an online casino technology and services company with offices in Malta, London, Gibraltar, Chicago, and Cape Town. With a global team of over 450 specialists, we provide market-leading content, including Kambi Sportsbook and over 100 leading games providers.
We promote and foster a highly collaborative environment, offering complete flexibility and autonomy to our staff. As we grow rapidly, we continue to maintain a start-up atmosphere where we help each other and take a holistic approach to our day-to-day responsibilities.
We are looking for Platform Developers with a server-side focus to help us improve our core platform services. If you are able to help us build a next generation system, we're interested in talking to you.
- Working remotely
- Adding new features to the existing platform
- Adding new integrations to the existing platform
- Working with the rest of the team to migrate the platform to a new architecture and technology stack based around Scala + Akka.
- Developing services to support websites and administration UI, working with front end developers as necessary
- Diagnosing and fixing production issues
- Taking part in code reviews
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- Finding better ways that we can get things done
What you already have:
- An expertise in the Java language (3 years minimum)
- Exposure to at least one other JVM based language
- The ability to write raw SQL beyond just simple select statements (1 year minimum)
- Familiarity with automated testing
- Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
Nice to have
- Some experience with Scala and its ecosystem such as Play and Akka
- Familiarity with Java Servlets, because there’s always legacy code
- A working knowledge of functional programming and its advantages
- An understanding of asynchronous/reactive programming
- Exposure to integrating third party APIs
- Experience in performance profiling and tuning Java applications
- Some experience with PHP as some parts of our system are written in it
How we approach things:
- Medium sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy.
- Working remotely but communicating regularly.
- Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
- Inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
- A fully remote and flexible working schedule.
- Training on the job.
- Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
- Hardware allowance to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays in your respective country.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.