About White Hat Gaming:
Founded in 2012, White Hat Gaming (WHG) is an online casino technology and services company with offices in Malta, London, Gibraltar, Chicago, and Cape Town. With a global team of over 500 specialists, we provide market-leading content, including Kambi Sportsbook and over 100 leading games providers.
We promote and foster a highly collaborative environment, offering complete flexibility and autonomy to our staff. As we grow rapidly, we continue to maintain a start-up atmosphere where we help each other and take a holistic approach to our day-to-day responsibilities.
We are looking for a database specialist to help us grow and improve our systems. We are currently running a mix Postgres on RDS and physical DCs. We are also looking to expand our system to many more services and more database instances.
- Looking after the production PostgreSQL databases
- Working in a DevOps environment and being actively involved in the software development process
- Working with us to improve and automate our testing, deployment, and monitoring processes
- Understanding how our processes work and how that translates into the data we have
- Working with business managers to extract required data/reports
- Diagnosing and helping fix production issues
- Being available to help fix things out of hours, as needs arise
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- Finding better ways that we can get things done
What you already have:
- At least 5 years’ experience administering PostgreSQL databases – installation, configuration, backups, monitoring etc.
- Experience with AWS RDS
- A good knowledge of SQL performance tuning.
- Experience of migrating production databases while minimizing downtime
- Some experience in Linux server administration
- A proactive approach to improving databases as part of a DevOps culture
- The ability to turn business questions into well-performing database queries
- Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with PAAS environments such as AWS
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience using automated configuration/deployment tools such as Ansible or Docker
- Experience of system security at network, OS and database level
How we approach things:
- Medium sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy.
- Working remotely but communicating regularly.
- Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
- Inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
- A fully remote and flexible working schedule.
- Training on the job.
- Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
- Hardware allowance to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays in your respective country.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.