About White Hat Gaming:
Founded in 2012, White Hat Gaming (WHG) is an online casino technology and services company with offices in Malta, London, Gibraltar, Chicago, and Cape Town. With a global team of over 500 specialists, we provide market-leading content, including Kambi Sportsbook and over 100 leading games providers.
We promote and foster a highly collaborative environment, offering complete flexibility and autonomy to our staff. As we grow rapidly, we continue to maintain a start-up atmosphere where we help each other and take a holistic approach to our day-to-day responsibilities.
We are looking for a database specialist to help us grow and improve our systems. We are currently running a mix of Postgres on RDS and physical DCs. We are also looking to expand our system to many more services and more database instances.
- Looking after the production PostgreSQL databases
- Working in a DevOps environment and being actively involved in the software development process
- Working with us to improve and automate our testing, deployment, and monitoring processes
- Understanding how our processes work and how that translates into the data we have
- Working with business managers to extract required data/reports
- Diagnosing and helping fix production issues
- Being available to help fix things out of hours, as needs arise
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- Finding better ways that we can get things done
What you already have:
- At least 5 years’ experience administering PostgreSQL databases – installation, configuration, backups, monitoring, etc.
- Experience with AWS RDS
- Good knowledge of SQL performance tuning.
- Experience in migrating production databases while minimizing downtime
- Some experience in Linux server administration
- A proactive approach to improving databases as part of a DevOps culture
- The ability to turn business questions into well-performing database queries
- Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with PAAS environments such as AWS
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience using automated configuration/deployment tools such as Ansible or Docker
- Experience in system security at network, OS, and database level
How we approach things:
- Medium-sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on the process or management hierarchy.
- Working remotely but communicating regularly.
- Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
- An inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
- A mostly remote and flexible working schedule.
- Generous time off varied based on the country of residence.
- Training on the job.
- Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
- Hardware & Software allowance or work equipment is provided to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.
Everything about WHG won't fit into a job ad, want to find out more about working with us? Apply to get the conversation started.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.